About the Book:Note: Audiobook is 4 hours listening time; download is a zip file of around 320mb.
It's a quiet wee village, Skerrils. Not much going on. Shingle beach, pretty walks, peaceful library, exploding school, talking dogs, carnivorous monuments, interfering all-powerful nature spirits and a mountainous secret too baffling to tell... Callum Maxwell and his pals are in for the strangest, scariest, most exciting summer of their lives. Join them and you'll never look at the natural world in quite the same way again.
"A totally original story with genuine heart."
- Karen Campbell, author of The Sound of the Hours, Rise and This is Where I Am
"Alan McClure's Callum and the Mountain introduces a fresh voice, full of energy, humour and love of place. He writes with a performer's instincts and an exuberant joy in language - an author we will be seeing more of."
- Joan Lennon, author of Silver Skin (shortlisted for the Scottish Teenage Book Prize) and Walking Mountain
"We're listening to a born storyteller, and he's unpacking a great shaggy monster of a tale for us."
- Paul Magrs, author of Strange Boy, Lost on Mars and The Novel Inside You
About the Author:
Alan McClure is a writer and musician based in Galloway, south-west Scotland. His creative output is eclectic and prolific, encompassing oral storytelling, poetry, songs, novels, short stories and audio sketches. He is a founding member of Lost Wasp Records, singer and chief songwriter with Alan & the Big Hand, occasional member of The Wee Folk Storytellers and a solo performer of growing repute. He is also a primary school teacher, a job which provides constant inspiration and ample... Read More
Search / Browse
- Our publications can be purchased through the Beaten Track Shop, or via third-party vendors, such as Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, GooglePlay, etc.
- As an Amazon Associate, Beaten Track earns from qualifying purchases.
- You will find the purchase links in the full listing for each publication.