Author: David Bridger
Expected: 1st July, 2023
Publisher: Beaten Track
ISBN: Paperback: 978-1-78645-587-1
Length: 97,600 words (approx.)
Genre: Memoir, Biography, Diaries and Journals, Religion and Spirituality, Mind, Body and Spirit, Solarpunk
Beaten Track Shop:
NOTE: Links open in a new window. Purchase price is dependent on retailer and format for books purchased via external links.
About the Book:A year in the life of an old salt who sailed the world and came home to a different place, my memories and me exploring nature and history together in the wooded valley where I have settled as a solitary-practising hedge druid.
I wrote this book for myself, obviously, and for readers who like me are:
– seekers of spiritual communion with nature, who might follow a religion, or more than one religion, or no religion at all;
– survivors of childhood sexual abuse;
– people who live with chronic illness and pain; and/or
– those interested in prehistory, archaeology, oral traditions, documented social history, genealogy, and ancestors of blood, of place, and of tradition.
While writing this memoir in the form of a personal nature journal over twelve months, I remembered myself as a boy who loved the wild land I lived upon, who, through tragedy and trauma, lost that part of myself. Settling as an old man, somewhere with a remarkably similar landscape history to that of my birthplace, I’ve found the boy again. And a lifetime later, he is helping me to became whole.
About the Author:
David Bridger settled in England’s West Country after twenty years of ocean-based mischief, during which he worked as a lifeguard, a sailor, an intelligence gatherer and an investigator. Then he got hurt, came home a bit physically broken, and for good measure caught a severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) virus in a military hospital. Now he writes science fiction and fantasy novels. Sometimes they’re informed by his experiences out on the crinkly blue. He writes what he loves for... Read More
Search / Browse
- Our publications can be purchased through the Beaten Track Shop, or via third-party vendors, such as Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, GooglePlay, etc.
- As an Amazon Associate, Beaten Track earns from qualifying purchases.
- You will find the purchase links in the full listing for each publication.