In The Stars Part II: Cancer-Sagittarius (HBTC #5)
About the Author:I am an author, publisher and a social scientist. My academic specialism is gender and sexual politics and identity, so you can expect this to crop up now and then in my writing too! Not in an "in your face" kind of way - subtlety wins hearts and minds. I write character-based/driven fiction - mostly general/contemporary, some (M/M, F/M, NB) romance and a bit of sci-fi fantasy (light). Basically, I write about life. I've written a few stand alone novels and short stories, but my main work is... Read More
Detailed Information:Published: June 1st, 2014
Length: 212,000 words (574 pages) approx.
"You must learn to look beyond the evidence. It shows only what you wish to believe is real, not what you really wish to believe."
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar,
But never doubt I love...
The Circle is in flux. It's been a hectic six months, and as the friends head into the heat of summer, more trials await that will truly test the bonds of friendship.
For whilst a circle may contract and may even at times constrict, it can also expand, accommodate, embrace.
And it is always whole.
* * * * *
What readers say about the Hiding Behind The Couch Series:
"The remarkable characterisation in these novels is what makes them for me."
"This story reminds me of my favorite movies about friendship and relationships."
"Few authors have explored the depths of longtime friends within a group, or 'circle' the way Debbie McGowan has!"
"The way the author deals with the complexities and issues in these books is delicate and compassionate, but with a matter-of fact-grit that smacks of reality."
In The Stars Part II is Season Five in the Hiding Behind The Couch Series.
The series to date:
- Hiding Behind The Couch (Season One)
- No Time Like The Present (Season Two)
- The Harder They Fall (Season Three)
- Crying in the Rain
- First Christmas
- In The Stars Part I: Capricorn-Gemini (Season Four)
- Breaking Waves
- Chain of Secrets
- In The Stars Part II: Cancer-Sagittarius (Season Five)
- A Midnight Clear
- Red Hot Christmas
- Hiding Out
- Breakfast at Cordelia's Aquarium
- Two By Two (Season Six)
- Those Jeffries Boys
Other Publications by Debbie McGowan:
- Reunions (HBTC #7)
- Of The Bauble
- Take A Chance Anthology: A Collection of Gay Romance for New Adults
- Class-A (Hiding Behind The Couch)
- The WAG and The Scoundrel (Gray Fisher #1)
- And The Walls Came Tumbling Down
- Those Jeffries Boys (HBTC Novel)
- Hiding Behind The Couch Box Set One
- Love Unlocked
- Chain of Secrets (HBTC Novella)
- Christmas Craic and Mistletoe (Seeds of Tyrone #3)
- Checking In (Checking Him Out #3)
- Where the Grass is Greener (Seeds of Tyrone #2)
- Taking Him On (Checking Him Out #2)
- When Skies Have Fallen
- Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone #1)
- Breakfast at Cordelia's Aquarium (HBTC Short Story)
- Two By Two (HBTC #6)
- Hiding Out (Checking Him Out / HBTC Novella)
- Cherry Pop Valentine
- Ruminations (HBTC Novel)
- Coming Up
- Checking Him Out For The Holidays (Checking Him Out Novella)
- Red Hot Christmas (HBTC Novella)
- A Midnight Clear (HBTC Novella)
- Boughs of Evergreen: A Holiday Anthology
- Crying in the Rain (HBTC Novel)
- Sugar and Sawdust
- Checking Him Out (Checking Him Out #1)
- Breaking Waves (HBTC Novella)
- In The Stars Part I: Capricorn-Gemini (HBTC #4)
- Double Six
- First Christmas (HBTC Novella)
- The Harder They Fall (HBTC #3)
- Beginnings (HBTC Novella)
- No Time Like The Present (HBTC #2)
- Hiding Behind The Couch (HBTC #1)
- No Dice
- Time to Go (in Story Salon Big Book of Stories)