About the Book:This is the story of Nilas and how he navigates life, trying to reconcile being gay as well as being Sami. Set over several decades, we follow Nilas and his Swedish husband Casper, as they build a life amid the shallows of bigotry, discrimination, and the onset of the AIDS crisis.
Last Winter's Snow portrays recent LGBT history from a Swedish perspective, from the days when being gay was considered a 'mental disorder' to today's modern anti-discrimination legislation and the move toward equality. It's also the story of one couple and the ups and downs of everyday life in the face of changing rules and attitudes toward them and their relationship.
Last, not least, it's a book that celebrates the rich history and culture of the Sami and their land, Sápmi, as well as their ongoing struggle to achieve recognition and win back the right to self-determination over lands they've lived on for thousands of years.
Last Winter's Snow is Hans M Hirschi's first novel set almost entirely in Sweden, but it is the second time (after Fallen Angels of Karnataka) he takes his readers on a journey into the mountainous regions of Scandinavia in one of his acclaimed novels.
About the Author:
Hans M Hirschi has been writing stories since childhood. As an adult, the demands of corporate life put an end to his fiction for more than twenty years. A global executive in training, he has traveled the world and published several non-fiction titles as well as four well-received novels. The birth of his son provided him with the opportunity to rekindle his love of creative writing, where he expresses his deep passion for a better world through love and tolerance. Hans lives with his husband... Read More
Other Publications by Hans M Hirschi:
- Anna and the Lost Zorn
- Michel - Fallen Angel of Paris
- The Vampire Who Lost Her Fangs
- Matt: More Than Words
- Returning to the Land of the Morning Calm
- Never Too Late
- Common Sense - In Business & Life
- Shorts - Stories from Beneath the Rainbow
- Family Ties
- The Fallen Angels of Karnataka
- Ross Deere: Handy Man
- Spanish Bay
- The Opera House
- Willem of the Tafel
- A Christmas Tale
- Boughs of Evergreen: A Holiday Anthology
The Golden One (Series)
- The Golden One - Blooming (Book #1)
- The Golden One - Deceit (Book #2)
- The Golden One - Reckoning (Book #3)
The Jonathan Trilogy (Series)
Valerius and Evander (Series)
Search / Browse
- Our publications can be purchased through the Beaten Track Shop, or via third-party vendors, such as Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, GooglePlay, etc.
- As an Amazon Associate, Beaten Track earns from qualifying purchases.
- You will find the purchase links in the full listing for each publication.