- Unbroken - a novel from Larry Benjamin
- Hiding Behind The Couch Video Trailer
- Damaged Angels paperback? Don't mind if we do!
- Matt on a Bike, plus website update - a bit of spit and polish
- Book Signings: The Scorned Wife; The Harder They Fall
- Next Big Thing Blog Hop (repost from Goodreads)
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Kindle? Here's some we made earlier...
- Crush UK, One Act Plays For Boys and more to follow...
- A Quick Update...
- As promised: Review of What Binds Us by Larry Benjamin
- Writing, Reading - What Binds Us? An Interim Review
- Editor or censor: two hats, one job? Updates and Additions
- An old game of two halves - Previews and Latest Additions
- Amazon Breatkthrough Novel Award
- Meeting the need to read
- Back on the Beaten Track...
- NaNoWriMo #07: a message from deep in NaNoLand
- NaNoWriMo #06: Back Up, Back Up, Tell me what you're gonna do now!
- NaNoWriMo #05: time to fatten the word count
- NaNoWriMo #04: Calendars for your Desktop Wallpaper
- NaNoWriMo #03: to plot... or not
- NaNoWriMo #02: what has it ever done for us?
- NaNoWriMo #01: November is National Novel Writing Month
- Surrealism, Erotica, Burgers and Cyberpunk - Updates and Latest Additions
- Review of A1CS X220 Tablet
Beaten Track Publishing Blog
Updates on our latest publications; guidance and advice on self-publishing, previews; reviews and syndicated posts from respected authors.
The contest, sponsored by Amazon, Createspace, Penguin Group USA and Publishers Weekly, offers two grand prizes of a full publishing contract with Penguin, with a $15,000 payment to the winners (one each for general fiction and young adult fiction).
There are also prizes for finalists, quarter-finalists and second round finalists. Winners will be announced on June 16th. To my knowledge, all entrants receive a code to order a free proof copy of their novel from Createspace.
To be eligible to enter, you must be at least 13 years old and fully own the rights to a novel of between 50,000 and 150,000 words (i.e. it must not have been subject to a publishing deal before, but can already be self-published).
Entry is straightforward: in the first instance you will need to register with Createspace; you will then need to submit a pitch of less than 300 words, an excerpt of between 3,000 and 5,000 words and the complete version of your manuscript. The entry period runs from 23rd January to 5th February, or until 5,000 entries are received for your category (young adult fiction or general fiction).
Further details on the entry requirements and official rules can be found on the contest website: http://www.amazon.com/abna.