- Rainbow Book Awards 2014 finalists: Unbroken and It's Like This
- Tim on Broadway and Between the Tides - two new releases PLUS a Giveaway!
- Pinkeens to Diddies - Interview with author David R. McCabe
- It's Like This, plus meet Magical Tragical Edward and Arthur Magennis: new releases, apologies, hopeful promises...
- Let's Talk About Sex - A Roundtable
- Lambda Literary Award Finalist - Unbroken by Larry Benjamin
- Unbroken - a novel from Larry Benjamin
- Hiding Behind The Couch Video Trailer
- Damaged Angels paperback? Don't mind if we do!
- Matt on a Bike, plus website update - a bit of spit and polish
- Book Signings: The Scorned Wife; The Harder They Fall
- Next Big Thing Blog Hop (repost from Goodreads)
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Kindle? Here's some we made earlier...
- Crush UK, One Act Plays For Boys and more to follow...
- A Quick Update...
- As promised: Review of What Binds Us by Larry Benjamin
- Writing, Reading - What Binds Us? An Interim Review
- Editor or censor: two hats, one job? Updates and Additions
- An old game of two halves - Previews and Latest Additions
- Amazon Breatkthrough Novel Award
- Meeting the need to read
- Back on the Beaten Track...
- NaNoWriMo #07: a message from deep in NaNoLand
- NaNoWriMo #06: Back Up, Back Up, Tell me what you're gonna do now!
- NaNoWriMo #05: time to fatten the word count
Beaten Track Publishing Blog
Updates on our latest publications; guidance and advice on self-publishing, previews; reviews and syndicated posts from respected authors.
Seeing as Deb is currently spilling a gently simmering orange, ginger and brandy marmalade all over the hob, it's fallen to me on this Christmas Eve Eve to quickly round up what we've been up to over the past 12 months.
If you're anything like me, you'll just be getting around to wrapping presents tonight (helped on by a large drink or three). And if, by some small chance, any of those presents is a Kindle for your nearest and dearest, do yourselves a favour and download a few books before placing that final piece of tape on the holly and Santa festooned paper. Giving a Kindle with no books on it is like giving a small child a toy with no batteries.
So, to avoid tantrums, tears, stampy feet and a whole day of duck lips, follow my advice. In no particular order:
- Hiding Behind The Couch - Debbie McGowan (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
- No Time Like The Present (Hiding Behind The Couch: Book 2) - Debbie McGowan (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
- It's A Game Of Two Halves - Frederick R.J. Hartman (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
- The Scorned Wife - Elle Zober (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
- One Act Plays For Boys - David Hughes (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
- And The Walls Came Tumbling Down - Debbie McGowan (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
- Crush - Laura Susan Johnson (Amazon.com)(Amazon.co.uk)
- Champagne - Debbie McGowan (Amazon.com)(Amazon.co.uk)
- No Dice - Debbie McGowan (Amazon.com)(Amazon.co.uk)
- A Guy's Secret Guide to Fifty Shades of Grey - Tom M. Paolangeli (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
- Spiced Moon - Simon L. Read (Amazon.com) (Amazon.co.uk)
An honourable mention to Larry Benjamin, who whilst not strictly a Beaten Track author (yet!! - hi Larry), has been really supportive of what we do and writes awesome books as well, so we want you to buy them.
As an added advantage, by using the links above, you can be sure that you're making an independent author very happy. Please support them and let them know they're loved this Christmas :)
Finally, we'd like to wish you all a Happy Christmas, from Deb and Nigel (that's me) at Beaten Track HQ and our fabulous authors around the world:
Frederick R.J. Hartman
Laura Susan Johnson
Tom M. Paolangeli
Simon L. Read